I never thought that I could see a wind farm without going to Bangui, Ilocos Norte.
SURPRISE! Pilillia Rizal now inherits the same kind of windmills in Bangui. The company which established the Bangui wind farm also operates the Pilillia wind farm. Pililla Windmills is on top of the hills with a scenic view of Laguna De Bay and Tanay Rizal.
More facts about Pililla Rizal Wind Farm:
Saturday, my family decided to go on a road trip and go here. Medyo malayo ang byahe, madaming pakurba-kurba na daan, up-down-up-down. Galing kame ng Laguna and we took the Sta. Cruz-Mabitac Road. With traffic, almost 3hours yata byahe namin pero sulit na sulit once na marating mo na yung place kahit hindi pa sya gaano kadeveloped.
Daddy, Mommy, and my Brothers
Mabato yung daan. No signage or directions kung saan pwede matingnan upclose yung windmills. You really need a map (download kayo Maps.me, sobrang useful nya). You need to ask the villagers in which direction you should go talaga.
Dahil mid-2015 lang sya nag-operate, we know there would be new developments here.
And! Even though that’s the case, OKAY NA OKAY SYA WITH ITS VERY NATURAL SCENIC VIEWS. Grabe! As in! Kakainlove lalo na yung sunset. Perfect for holding someones hand.
View of Laguna De Bay
Wind turbines upclose!
And the magnificent Sunset!
They say, there are 27 operational windmills. And for a fact, the windmills have their own name. The ones I see upclose was named Karen and she is the 14th windmill (I guess).
Parang Spaceship yung pintuan. LOL
ALTERNERGY Wind One Corp. is the company behind these windfarms. They put guidelines here for the tourist. Medyo madami ding nagkalat na security guards.
And syempre, there are many photo ops!
I really didn’t imagine na ganon kabilis matutupad yung last post ko about travelling. Yung SOON, naging SOONEST (yeaaaah~ superlative kunwari).
Anyway, I hope you did enjoy reading this first actual wandering of mine.
HOW TO GET HERE:
Via private transportation:
- Taking Manila East Road from Calamba City, take Sta. Cruz road all the way to Lumban, Famy & Mabitac. And next is the Pililla.
- You’ll pass through the Kalayaan Power Plant (NAPOCOR) with an overlooking view of Laguna De Bay.
- It is an uphill road. Eventually, you’ll see the sign Alternergy which directs you to a wide, rough, gravelish road.
- The place is accessible to all types of vehicles.
Via public transportation: (Credits to Travel Up)
- From Starmall FX / Van Terminal in Shaw Boulevard or Araneta Center, Cubao, you can ride a jeep or van going to Tanay, Rizal. From Starmall, the vans GT-express fare is P70.
- Get down at the junction or the Tanay Public Market in Sampaloc. Travel time is about 2-3 hours depending on traffic.
- Hire a tricycle going to the Wind Farm. Rates are negotiable. It’s better if you’re in a group so you can split the costs.